A carers card is a simple way of verifying your status as an unpaid Carer whenever you need to.
You can use it in situations where you are required to identify yourself as a Carer, such as:
- When you are asked for proof you are a verified Carer.
- In healthcare settings to be included in the conversation around medical planning for the person you care for.
- With an employer if you want to be recognised as a working carer and request additional support due to your caring role
You will also receive discount on health activities across the city with Active Nation.
To qualify you must live in a postcode served by Southampton City Council (SO14-SO19) and be over 18 and provide unpaid care for an adult or child.
How to apply for your card:
- Complete our registration form by clicking the button below.
- Once completed and submitted, one of the team will contact you within 10 days to ask for further information about your caring role. We will then issue you with your Carers Card.